Accidentes Geográficos

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing # 9 - related blogs and/or news feeds



The view of the Bassin d'Arcachon as the sun sets is beautiful.

The Col de Tourmalet viewed from the sky is spectacular. Still trying to figure out how to move pictures uploaded to the blog. Drag and drop doesn't seem to work. Anyone knows out there what to do?
.
With all the tools available, it is easy to find out what is going on anywhere. Finding and listing them in the reader page makes it easier and faster to see and access.
.
I liked the way Topix comes up with all kinds of listings for the various areas one may be interested in. However, the list is so broad, that I spent far too much time delving into all kinds of interesting topics and before I knew it, hours had gone by.
.
Google blog search was also too wide and I am not very good at coming up with "keywords" to narrow the topic in the right direction. Again, that may be something that comes with practice or maybe it is innate for those who live and breth this stuff.
.
I think I would like Technorati if I could relate the clicking of the folder tabs to the graphic in the box. I am still experimenting. Still confused. This may be due to being in the pre-GUI (graphical user interface) generation or just lack of practice. The free tools are always so cluttered with extraneous or just not directly related "stuff".
.
Syndec8 led me to the site healthmadeeasy.com where I found all kinds of health information. Spent way too much time here. Could become addictive.
.
I also found that if I look at other people's blog role, I can find sites of interest. Then comes the decision, how interested am I? I need to keep my life and reader page uncluttered. Maybe I will separate professional from personal. Still thinking....
.
Don't understand why just doing twice does not skip a line. Had to actually put a period and again. So strange and annoying. grrrr....

1 comment:

FrAsianLat said...

Never mind. I guess I need to decide where I want to put my image when I paste it to the blog.