Accidentes Geográficos

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thing # 16 - Wikis

Wikipedia - the largest wiki with millions of entries. The things we can share and create when we have where to store it. And everyone can use it. Better yet, contribute to it. WOW!

It wasn't hard to get into the sandbox to add a comment. Having a wiki for lesson plans and group projects is definitely an improvement to the emails with reply to all. I can see updates being more synchronized as registered members get to see real time others comments. With emails, sometimes while you are sending a comment, others are in the process of doing the same and may or may not have seen prior emails re subject matter.

My one concern is the delete function and the possibility of others to easily delete ones well thought out contribution.

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

Some wikis keep a "history" of what the pages have looked like in the past. That is one way to make sure your thoughts aren't deleted forever. (The one I use is pbwiki.)I have gone back and pulled up things that I previously "deleted" and restored the page to what it was before I updated it. something to think about...