Accidentes Geográficos

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing # 2

Lifelong learning..isn't that what we all do? Granted, some do more and some do less. The latest research on brain plasticity tell us that the more engaged we remain in learning new things, the more likely we can keep ourselves healthy and prevent the onset of Alzheimer. The old knowledge of neurons and synapses are continuously being revamped, some proven wrong. I guess it cannot hurt me to continue to be a lifelong learner, it can, however, do me a wealth of good.

In this quest, I find that setting goals and accepting responsibility for my own learning are some of the things I can easily do especially if I have the chance to single thread. But how often do we find ourselves single tasking especially in the teaching profession?

What do I find the hardest? mmmm.... After giving it much thought, I think it is making time to play. This is probably due to years of multi-tasking and trying to make every minute count while juggling full time career, marriage, and raising children. I have that feeling that I should be maximizing my time - "producing" something.

No comments: