Accidentes Geográficos

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing # 7

I enjoyed very much learning about the notebook and Google Earth. I was so surprised to be able to get all the way into a street and zoom in on a specific home (mine, to be exact). This is in a way scary. But at the same time it is a very useful tool. I can see looking at a home that I may be initially interested in buying/renting without having to drive to the location. Using this option to zoom in on important places around the world is a useful feature in class. It would be like a virtual trip for students. They would get a kick to zoom into their school. That should get them hooked.

It was fun to check out if there were any images of myself and members of my family/friends. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

The Picasa Web Album is very easy to use. It beats sending large files of pictures to family and friends. Instead, all they need is access to the link and voilá. I found it easier to use for loading pictures than Flickr. Students can compile pictures of a field trip, share, and work together to create a project/report of same for the subject targeted.

The calendar and notebook would come in very handy for staying organized.

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

I LOVE Picassa! Flickr, too, but I use Picassa with my family, so it's my favorite. And I agree... so much better than sending huge files of photos. I know what you mean about Google maps. It is a litte scary to think that my dog in the back yard is in the map of my street. Glad the kids weren't there, too!