Accidentes Geográficos

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing # 3

Whew! For a while I was very frustrated. I created my post for Thing #2 and everything went peachie. Well, not really. I couldn't understand why it wasn't showing up on my blog page. I looked and looked and looked. Minutes, hours, went by. Finally I called my friendly librarian, Susan, went through the motions of setting up a new posting, and got it to show up by clicking on the "publish tab" and not the "save now" tab. On further research, "show all", I found my first posting saved as a "draft". I just couldn't un-draft it, so I clicked on the delete word to the right of the entry.

I had a lot of fun setting up an Avatar of yours trully. I didn't have fun at all following the instructions to embed it in my blog page. The Avatar side was simple and to the point. But after the control C (copy) part, things went downhill. I couldn't find the LAYOUT label. I looked and looked. Somewhere I read that it is also the TEMPLATE (old version). I clicked on it only to be faced with a very long program of gobbledigook and could never locate the word HTML/JavaScript embedded in the program. Again, friendly Susan helped me out by having me get out of the current layout and getting into the custom feature to select a new layout. Then things started to fall into place for the second set of instructions. Phew!!!! Done. Yipee! I think I have put in half of my 18 hours already. :(

I am pretty sure that my synapses and neurons have gotten a lot of good exercise today. :)

1 comment:

LKP said...

I really like your Avatar! I think it was worth the work! Keep going you are doing great!!!