Accidentes Geográficos

Sunday, June 20, 2010

"11 Tools" Post # 4 Google Docs and Google Read

I am very interested in the google doc application for teacher documents so that we can divide out the work without so many copies floating around. It makes it much easier to read and edit when the changes go directly to the one and only copy. It also makes it easier for each teacher to work on his/her own portion and still see how it fits in the overall picture. I created and uploaded a spreadsheet for our lesson plan for the 1st week of class and shared it with two other colleagues for them to input a different section. That is definitely an improvement to having multiple copies of the same document. I can see students with their own google accounts, editing their group writeup working separately on their part but still together on the project. I like the google reader to follow blogs that are of interest to me without having to remember what the blogsite is or having to log on to the different sites. I have added my 5 blogs to follow.

The google reader is a very helpful tool to keep the sites we are interested all in one place. There is so much out there and it is just not possible to remember all the sites. But with the reader, a brief glance and you can easily find what you are looking for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your lesson plan idea with google docs sounds great. I got a chance to use Google Docs at a GT training and it was really easy and so neat to see comments/additions being made by several teachers at once.