Accidentes Geográficos

Monday, June 21, 2010

"11 Tools" #5 Tagging and bookmarking

This is a very helpful tool. I checked the videos for using Delicious and Diigo, and decided on Delicious. The videos made it seem very simple to setup and manage, although easier said than done. I guess it must be my two tech left feet I have. Nonetheless, I found my way around and setup two sites and bookmarked and tagged them. I can certainly see how this social bookmarking could benefit others within the network in order to share relevant, as well as new, information. It can make use of one's time more effectively as well as efficiently. Two websites I found interesting and useful for my teaching needs are:

http://www.tlsbooks.com/

http://www.amnh.org/nationalcenter/online_field_journal/

For tags I used words like science, worksheets, museum. Students can use this resource to bookmark and tag interesting resources that addresses a classroom topic during their research. I see it being used by students cooperating in writing research papers, classroom discussions, etc. Teachers can use it to find and share resources or discussions.

No comments: