Accidentes Geográficos

Saturday, June 19, 2010

"11 Tools" Post #3 Generators & Mashups

Image generators or mashups samples: Wordle and Bookr.


I like Wordl for students to create their own using the vocabulary in a unit of study in either science or social studies. I think the different patterns that can be generated will excite the kids and in the process help them build vocabulary. Goodbye to the old, boring spreadsheet!


Wordle: Accidentes Geográficos


After searching and picking the pictures in Bookr for my book, I got stuck pretty badly trying to figure out how to bring the pictures into my book. I tried different things from downloading the pictures to my desktop from entering my email and blog name to no avail. All for naught. Couldn't figure out how to get those *&((^%% pictures into my book. Had to go from the book page by tag (mountains, islands, etc) and pick from the limited thumbnail pictures flashing across as fast as Speedy Gonazalez, sometimes having nothing to do with the tag word. But, I did get the book done: "Accidentes Geográficos". I can already see the students looking for pictures to fit the description of their vocabulary word so that they can create their own book individually or in groups. I can see it being used in a project.

3 comments:

Dr. Garza said...

Great job! Your selection is fantastic. Keep going!

Dr. Garza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry you had trouble with the pictures. Maybe we can figure it out together sometime.