Accidentes Geográficos

Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing # 23 - My thoughts

I enjoyed "playing" with the many pieces of technology in Library2Play. Some of them I was familiar with, others I had heard or seen others use, and some I didn't realize they even existed. My overall experience was good except for my moments of frustration, which were many. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wants an overview in the quiet and comfort of the home away from the everyday stresses of school.


Favorites: Avatar, Podcast/Vidcast, Library List, RSS, Making cards


Assistance/help in lifelong learning goals - the frustration and stress in some of the assignments led to reward and knowledge of products that may prove useful and interesting like the sharing of teacher blogs and making vidcasts. I can see students preparing material for a video (and learning in the process). I can see making cards for my rewards when using GLAD in my classroom.


Take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes - I found a lot of redundancy and choices. Some good, some not so good. For example, there are so many sites for blogging. One could spend all their time surfing the net to find bloggers they had afinity with. With the search engines, we can find information quickly, but we have to be cognizant of the sources as anybody can put stuff out there and some sources are more reliable than others.


Improvement in program's concept/format - I would have liked to see for each blog what entry they were at especially when I had a problem or concern that I needed to resolve. I know this cannot be changed as it is driven by the formula the blog has for retiring them.


I would like participating in another one of these courses depending on what was being covered, depth and my training priorities. Library2Play definitely encapsulated a good number of tools, blogs, sites, etc. in one place for discovery, learning more about, or simply for reinforcing prior knowledge of the technology that is now more the norm than the exception. Whether we want to or not, we will all have to hop onto the bandwagon. We just need to do it at the pace that is comfortable to each of us so that we are able to soak in as much as possible.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Enjoyed myself.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing your technology adventure. Hope you will share further adventures with us thru your blog.

Mamalibearian said...

Congratulations! I hope you have found things that you will use in your classroom. Keep posting!