Accidentes Geográficos

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing # 20 - Embedding Videos

I spent over 2 days trying to follow what seemed like simple instructions to embed a video. I thought perhaps I was missing something, so I kept coming back to section 20 and rereading and re-watching the videos. How was it that I couldn't get passed the simple download instructions? I couldn't find the option in the videos that I selected in YouTube. So I decided to get into TeacherTube. Good! I found the download option and I clicked on the link for the title. Wait a minute, all it does is replay the video. What is going on? Third day and I am near tears. What am I not seeing? I am about to throw in the towel. Wait, it is 11:25 p.m. and I am going to just pick the first video that comes up. Yes! It worked. This one got passed the download and the file conversion in Zamzar. But...after successful completion of file conversion, Zamzar says it will get the file ready and email it to me as soon as it is done. Checked email, but nothing. It also says it will hold the job for 24 hours after emailing it. Did take a little to get it, but it finally arrived. Download was very slow... source: YouTube





The longer the video presentation, the longer the file download. I found a very short one (1 minute one) for perimeter and it went much faster. Source: TeacherTube


2 comments:

Mamalibearian said...

You have to play with a couple to figure out just how it all works. It took me a little time, and still might, but it is worth it!

LauraAnn said...

Did you ever find the source code for youtube? I can give the details if you still need them...
It took me about a day and a half to make it work.

I haven't posted mine yet, as I haven't composed my response. I'm taking the Scarlet O'hara tactic and worrying about it tomorrow...What difference will one more day make?

Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way. It is always nice to see that someone is actually reading our posts, isn't it?